- An electron in the Hydrogen potential
is in the state
Find the value of that properly normalizes the state.
What is the probability that the electron be found in the ground state of Hydrogen?
- An electron is in the state of hydrogen.
Find its wave function in momentum space.
- A spin particle is in an eigenstate of with eigenvalue
at time . At that time it is placed in a constant magnetic field in the
direction. The spin is
allowed to precess for a time . At that instant, the magnetic field is very quickly
switched to the direction. After another time interval , a measurement of the
component of the spin is made. What is the probability that the value
will be found?
- Consider a system of spin . What are the eigenstates and eigenvalues of the
operator ? Suppose a measurement of this quantity is made, and the system is
found to be in the eigenstate with the larger eigenvalue. What is the probability that
a subsequent measurement of yields
- Let's define the u axis to be in the x-z plane, between the positive x and z axes and at
an angle of 30 degrees to the x axis. Given an unpolarized spin beam
of intensity going into the following Stern-Gerlach apparati, what intensity comes out?